File Your Expat Tax Return with TaxaidUSA if you remain a U.S. citizen or green card holder who works abroad, you are still required to file U.S. taxes and report your income. However, certain rules and benefits are available to expats, like the foreign earned income exclusion.

We Are Helping People Improve Their Financial Health

As An American Expat

As an American expat, you may also still owe state taxes. This depends on the state you lived in prior to moving abroad as the tax residency rules vary by each state.

Expat Consulting

Many states will also allow the foreign earned income exclusion, which can affect your taxable income. Consulting with an expat tax expert can help you determine if you are still required to file a state income tax return or not.